My first attempt at a Grilled Caesar Salad was a soggy, over cooked mess but I gave it another shot and this one turned out great!
You will need:
- Romaine Hearts, halved
- White Balsamic Vinegar (regular if you don’t have it.)
- Your favorite spice rub
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Your favorite Caesar dressing (or make your own)
- Your favorite hard Italian cheese (Asiago, Parm, ect)
- A squirt of lemon juice or a slice of lemon as a garnish
- Bacon or Pulled Pork (optional)
This time I cranked the temperature on the Big Green Egg and put the halved romaine hearts down and left the lid open (I didn’t want to cook the lettuce, just sear it!) I pre-seasoned the lettuce with EVOO, white balsamic vinegar, Cluck & Squeal Original and fresh cracked black pepper. I grilled these hot and fast, like 20-30 seconds a side with the lid open.
I also figured what better way to use up some left over Pulled Pork than to toss it in a Caesar Salad instead of using the more traditional bacon bits. Gotta say, that was a genius move!!!
Just toss all the ingredients in a big bowl and serve as a side or even as a main course! It is pretty filling with the pork in there!
This Grilled Caesar Salad turned out AWESOME!!!