This is so stupid simple and fast you will have dinner Egged in lightning time. A great cook for a busy weeknight. Especially if you have a Mini Big Green Egg that fires up in no time!!!
You will need:
- a pound of your favorite shrimp, shelled and de-veined, we used 16/25s
- Pesto Sauce (store bought or home made… home made is better!)
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- about 2/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of your favorite hard Italian cheese (Asiago, Parm, Pecorino, Grana Padana ect…)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix it all up in a blender or food processor
I started out by heating up the Mini Big Green Egg to about 400 and then after peeling and drying the shrimp I put them on au natural to just get some grilled goodness. You could do them entirely in the cast iron, but I wanted some of that charcoal grilling flavour that you only get from direct grilling.
They took almost no time to cook… a couple minutes later
I tossed them around a couple more times before taking them off…
…and putting them back on a heated cast iron skillet
Then I added the home made Pesto Sauce
I cooked them for a couple minutes more till they were bubbling with goodness!!!
We had these as a main course for dinner, but this would also make an EGGcellent appetizer as well!
So simple but so tasty!